The iPhone 8 features a radical redesign, with an edge-to-edge display that does away with the top and bottom bezels where features like the Touch ID fingerprint sensor and the front-facing camera are housed. Instead, rumors suggest Touch ID will either be built into the display or eliminated entirely in favor of facial recognition technology. Either way, there will be no physical Home button on the iPhone 8 and no bezels aside from a small area for the front-facing camera. With an edge-to-edge design, the iPhone 8 may be similar in size to the 4.7-inch iPhone, but with a display the size of the 5.5-inch iPhone. Rumors suggest it will feature a 5.8-inch display with 5.15 inches of usable area, with the rest dedicated to virtual buttons that will replace the existing Home button.
My friend live abroad and he uses iPhone 8 for several weeks. In his work, messages plays an important role and he likes using text messages. But recently, he asked me whether he can recover the deleted SMS messages form his iPhone 8? He deleted some usefull messages by mistake. To help him out, I recommend iPhone Data Recovery to him. iPhone Data Recovery is specialized in data recovery. Its special feature which makes data recovery beome easier. It is good at recovering photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more. In addition, it is believed as world’s 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software for its highest recovery rate in the industry and full compatiblity with latest iOS devices.
You may like:
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone 12
Transfer Contacts from Samsung to iPhone 12
After you enter the homepage of iPhone Data Recovery on the computer, click into “Data Recovery” and choose “Recover from iOS Device” to help you recover the data you need from your iPhone 8.
Next, connect your iPhone 8 to the computer. Then, you can see many options of different file types. The two main options are “Deledted Data from the Device” and “Existing Data on the Device”, please select the type of data you want to recover. Here, please select “Messages & Attachments”, “Messenger & Attachments” and the other file types as you like.
Tips: Before the recovery, to avoid the automatically sync, you are supposed to turn off the automatical syncing in iTunes previously: launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices, check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
Click “Start Scan” button to allow this program scan the lost SMS, text messages on your iPhone 8. You can directly see the progress bar of the scan. If the lost messages is too much, the scan maybe lasts for a few minutes. During the scanning process, you can stop the scanning if you find the whole messages are sacnned.
Once the scan is complete, you can see the result generated by the program. Data both lost and existing on your device will be displayed in categories. To filter out the deleted data on your iOS device, you can swipe the option “Only display the deleted items” to ON. Thus, you can see the lost messages clearly. By clicking the certain items of messages in the left side, you can preview the content of it. In addition, you can search for a specific file by typing a keyword in the search box.
When you find the SMS messages you need, check them and click the “Recover” button. There will be a pop-up asking you to “Recover to Computer” or “Recover to Device”. It means where would you want to save the recovered SMS messages. If you want to put these messages back to your iPhone 8, click “Recover to Device”.
In addition to restoring the lost messages from your iPhone 8 directly, the program also allows you to extract your messages from iTunes or iCloud backup files, if you can not find the lost contents on your iPhone after scanning, and you just have an iTunes or iCloud backup files, you can have a try by following the below tutorials:
Changing the iPhone, restoring the device or synchronizing music may sometimes delete your contact details. If you encounter this situation, the easiest way is to restore through iCloud. If you have enabled iCloud contact synchronization (usually selected by default), you should be able to restore your contacts in a few simple steps:
* Go to Settings on iCloud.com, and then click Restore Contacts (in the Advanced section). Available versions are listed by filing date and time.
* On the right side of the version you want to restore, click Restore. There may be more versions than one that can be displayed at a time.
* If you find that your contacts are not in your iCloud account, you can also examine your iTunes account carefully. By connecting the iPhone to the PC and restoring iTunes, you can download all the archived information stored on iTunes. However, please note that will delete all data on your phone and replace it with the content stored in your account.
With the release of iOS, Apple can more easily retrieve deleted photos and videos from the iPhone. You just need to follow these steps, but there’s an important caveat that I’ll explain later:
Step 1: Go to the photo app for the iPhone and click on the album on the bottom toolbar.
Step 2: Scroll down the list and then click on the latest deletion. As the name implies, you can find albums of recently deleted photos and videos here.
Step 3: If you find the lost image, just click on a single photo, then choose to restore it to add back to the album, or if you want to delete it permanently, choose to delete it.
Warning: Recent deletions show only photos and videos from the past 30 days. After that, the file will be permanently deleted. If you’re looking for photos over 30 days, you can restore the iPhone from an old backup using iTunes.
Users of the iPhone can download third-party software, etc. But before using these third-party applications, you can try another way to retrieve deleted text messages from your iPhone.
This method is invalid if you disable the synchronization option in iTunes. If you have enabled the synchronization option, you may recover lost text messages, because as long as your device is connected to the system, the synchronization function creates a backup on your PC.
There are three steps to retrieve lost messages in iTunes:
* Connect the iPhone to PC/Mac (which you often use) and open iTunes.
* Now select the “Restore Backup” option in iTunes (after selecting the device).
* The “Restore Backup” option replaces the current data of the device with backup data. This may take a few minutes, and the message you lost will eventually be displayed on your device. However, backing up data is possible only after deleting messages.
It’s always better to use backup applications on smartphones. Retrieving lost messages is not easy and usually unsuccessful. Many times deleted messages cannot be restored.
Police and intelligence agencies can retrieve information because they have experts to help them. Authorities can also request help from mobile phone operators because they can also access users’messages. However, operators only provide help to the authorities, not to customers.
* Reset Your iPhone or iPad to Factory Settings
Factory reset restores the device to factory settings by resetting the entire system. All data and applications will be deleted because the drives in the device will be reformatted. To reset your iPhone’s settings (the iPad’s steps are basically the same) and clear all of the data, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings and scroll down until you find the Reset tab. You’ll see some options that you can reset, such as a keyboard dictionary or home screen layout.
2. To restore your iPhone to its factory default settings, click “Erase all content and settings” and then click “Erase iPhone.” If a password or a restricted password is set, you will be asked to enter a password before you can reset the device.
3. After entering your password, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Enter it to start erasing all data in the device.
4. The reset back to factory settings will run and should not exceed a few minutes. When you see the welcome screen, it means that the factory reset is complete and there is no personal data on the device.
* Perform Reset with no Passcode using iTunes
There is a way to replace the above method, which can be done using iTunes. It’s good when you can’t open your iPhone because it’s disabled (too many wrong password attempts) or when you don’t remember the password. Proceed as follows:
1. Open iTunes. To prevent any potential obstacles during the reset process, make sure your iTunes version is up to date, just click “Check for updates” in the drop down menu.
2 Connect your iPhone to your computer. If you want to keep some files, you can click “Backup Now” to back up. If you only want to delete everything without saving it first, you can skip the backup.
3. Click the “Restore iPhone” option in iTunes and click “Agree” to confirm your decision. If you change your mind and decide to restore your data on your phone, click Restore from Backup….
* Reset Your iPhone or iPad using Find My iPhone
Alternatively, you can use “Find My iPhone.” If your iPhone is lost or stolen, and you want to make sure that no one can access its data, this is very convenient. To do this, perform the following steps:
1. Visit the “Find My iPhone” website and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. If there are multiple devices in this account, select the device you want to reset from the list of available devices.
3. Click the “Erase iPhone” (or iPad if you are resetting your tablet) option in the device info box. You will be asked to confirm your decision. After that, the reset will begin. If the device is offline, it will start as soon as the device comes online.
Keep in mind that if you set the Family Sharing setting, you can also reset your family member’s device to the factory default settings. When you reset your iOS device, you will be asked to enter your phone number and message, which will be displayed on the screen when the reset is complete.