"I have been using my Nokia Lumia phone until I my father bought me a new Samsung Galaxy S6 as the birthday present last week. I felt very excited, and also feel troublesome at the same time. Because there are over 2000 phone number storing on my Nokia Lumia phone in the past one year. Since the Nokia and Samsung runs different operating system, I can not transfer contacts between them directly, and I really don't want to manually put my contacts in one by one, what's worse, I don't see where they were saved. How can I sync my contacts without spending too much of time and energy? Please give me an effective guidance, thanks very much!" Question from Roddick.
Along with the rapid rise of Samsung, as well as other brand of Android devices, they brought a lot of brilliant new phones to the customer, like Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy A8, HTC One M8, HTC One A9, LG G4, Huawei Mate S, Sony Xperia Z5 and so on. Are you also wanting to a new Android device to replace your old Windows Phone? Need to transfer your Contacts from Windows phone to your Android without any hassles? As we all know, Windows and Android, they are two completely different operating systems, we couldn't sync contacts directly between them. So, we can do nothing but nail-biting? Of course not! Please keep reading the following tutorial, we will shows you three ways to transfer contacts from Windows Phone to Android with ease.
Ⅰ. Conventional Method
Syncing your contacts from your Windows Phone to your Outlook account can be done through cloud or Microsoft Exchange.
1. Go to the “People” app on your windows phone, scroll to the bottom of the page and press “…”, and then click on “Settings.”
2. From the following screens, go to “Add an Account” -> “Microsoft Account”, and then, sign in your Outlook account.
3. Once you have loginned in, all the contacts in your Windows Phone will be synced with your Outlook account.
Besides, with your Microsoft account, you can also back up other data like photos, videos to OneDrive automatically. Click the button "yes". Your Windows phone's data will be backed up to OneDrive.
4. Export Microsoft account contacts into csv file.
Sign in to your microsoft account from a desktop PC or laptop.
In the main window pull down the drop down arrow next to Outlook and choose People.
The address book will open up, and all the existing contacts in your Microsoft account will be displayed.
Click on “Manage” and select “Export to Outlook.com and other services”. Choose save to store the csv file to your desired location. After that, a .csv file will be downloaded to the selected location.
Ⅱ. Newer Approach
For some newer Windows Phones, you can use some 3rd party tools so as to switch your contacts to your Outlook account:
1. Open your Windows phone
Open your Windows phone and its contacts. Connect your phone to your computer.
2. Switch your contacts to the Outlook account
Final step is to switch your contacts from Windows phone.
Mobile Transfer or Mobile Transfer for Mac is an all-in-one yet easy-to-use phone to phone transfer software, which enables you to direct transfer data between Androiod, iOS and Windows devices. You can also back your data up to computer, and restore from backup to any other supported devices with the help of this secure program. Besides, the program also allows you to permanent erase all data on your old Android and iOS devices with a click.
1. Install and launch the progam on your computer after downloading.
2. Connect your Android device to the same computer via USB cable, and go to “Restore From Backup” -> “OneDrive”, then you will see the pop-up window as below.
Sign in your OneDrive, once your OneDrive loginned, and your Android device is detected, you can see all the transferable file type display in the middle of window.
3. Transfer Contacts from OneDrive to Android device.
Android Manager is a full-scale solutions of your Android data, you can not only import/export contacts, apps, text messages, media files on your Android device, but also merge the duplicate contacts with a click. Now please emulate the following steps to import your contacts from Outlook to Android.
1. Install and launch the progam on your computer after downloading. After that, connect your Android device to computer by using USB cable. The program will automatically recognize it soon.
2. Press "Contacts" in the left sidebar of window, then you can see multiple options like Import, Export, Delete, De-duplicate at the top bar of the right panel. Go to "Import" -> "Import contacts from computer" -> "from Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013" to upload the previous .csv file, and transfer them to your Android phone.
Note: The program provides five options to import the contacts, such as from vCard, from Outlook Express, from Windows Live Mail, from Windows Address Book and from Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013. Just choose one of them according to your need.
In addition of above methods, you can also import your contacts to Android from Gmail.
1. First of all, sign in your Gmail account on your computer, and click on "Contact" option in the drop-down menu.
2. You can see several options on the pop-up screen, here please find out and press "import".
3. The next screen will asked to select a CSV file or vCard file to upload, just upload the previous .csv files with a click, and go on.
4. Just a moment, Gmail will transfer all the contacts from the uploaded file and merge them with your Google's existing contacts. Now, you can sign in your google account on your Android, and sync your contacts into it.
Relevant Hot Tutorial: